While the key focus is to serve the diverse needs of people in the local Shire, we also offer a boutique service for those from other country and metropolitan regions who would prefer a more intimate or creative approach to this most significant of ceremonies.
The Thompson family enjoy an active community life and can be found volunteering and participating at many regional events. We consider the central highlands region as an ideal area in which to nurture its creativity; and its community, a rich source of friendship and interest. It is in this setting that we have proudly established our family owned and operated business.
If you are interested in a more personal and individual approach to preparing your funeral, or the funeral of someone you love, Contact us or phone 03 5348 4878
- You require us to organise a traditional funeral service
- You would like a very individual and different funeral service
- You would like to arrange, (but not prepay) your funeral, with the people who will care for you at the time of your death and ensure your instructions are followed.
- You would like to put in place a pre-paid funeral plan or funeral bond
- You would like to meet with Anne and Steve and find out what options you have
- You want an efficient, courteous service and value for money
- To get a unique, informed approach to environmental funerals
- Attention and advice when you need it
- The personalised, attentive service the community has come to expect from us
- Guidance and options to make choices which suit you
- A choice of celebrants including Anne
- A choice of local venues and churches
- An individualised approach to funerals
- Respectful care of the person you entrust to us
The Thompson family are available to consult with families promptly regarding funeral arrangements 24 hours a day. Their commitment is to provide the best level of service.
What to do when someone dies
Call the Thompson Family if you would like reassurance about what to do at any stage.
If someone dies at home and the death is expected
You need to have the death verified, so call your medical professional. You may want the person to be brought to our funeral home immediately or you may want the person to stay with you for some time. If you are alone and would like us to wait with you until family members arrive, just let us know.
When you are ready, you can choose whether you would like to meet with us in your home or at our funeral home. We will then guide you as you make the funeral arrangements.
If someone dies in hospital
If the death is expected, the nursing staff will organise the necessary paperwork. We can then bring the person back to our Funeral Home when you are ready. Let us know when you are ready to begin making funeral arrangements.
If someone’s death is unexpected
If the death was not expected or was caused in an accident, the person will be transferred to the State Coroner’s Office. Although the funeral will not be immediate, it can be helpful if we meet and start to plan the funeral.